Saturday, July 04, 2015

DUCKING OUT OF THE MIRROR

  Augusta Szrak interviews Thomas Pors Koed

Before we start the interview, Thomas Pors Koed, whose book of short fictions, No Relation, has just been published by Titus Books, makes it clear that he isn’t about to provide information of a biographical nature. I’m not sure whether this extends to details such as the location in which the interview took place, but I suspect it might.
TPK: I have always tried to be scrupulously uninteresting, at least in the biographical sense. If I have occasionally fallen short of this ideal in other areas it is not through lack of trying.
AS: Can we talk about your new book, No Relation
TPK: I do share a name with the person who wrote that book, even if I no longer share any cells - it was written between ten and seven years ago - so I have ended up being the one expected to justify it, at least to those who think it should be justified. 

No comments: