Saturday, March 07, 2015

The joy of shopping for books in person

Supporting Indies: 'For Our Sakes as Well as Theirs'

"It was in Oxford, Miss., that it come to me so clearly. I knew it, of course. I had known it since I was a child skirted in gingham innocence and trimmed with inexperience.... A recent sojourn to the small towns of Greenwood and Oxford, reminded me strongly and clearly of the joy of bookstores for these two places have excellent independents. In Greenwood, you'll find the amazing Turnrow and in Oxford, you can shop all day at Square Books and its two offshoots--Off Square and Square, Jr.

"When it comes to brick-and-mortar bookstores, what's gone is gone. But those that remain, need our support and patronage. For our sakes as well as theirs."


--Ronda Rich in her Forsyth County News column headlined "The joy of shopping for books in person"

Via Shelf Awareness

No comments: