Monday, August 18, 2014

Murray Gray talks about Going West

Why this book? Occasional notes from Murray Gray on the Going West programme this year.  No. 1


Gutter Black. I spent the late 70’s and early 80’s working as a roadie with Th’Dudes and stage-managing the big festivals like Nambassa and Sweetwaters. This bought me close to the local rock scene including bands like Split Enz and Hello Sailor amongst many others. 

When Sandra Noakes at Harper Collins suggested we include Dave McArtney’s memoir in the festival there was no way I could ignore it. 
I have had Graham Brazier at GW on a few occasions and knew he was a great presence; a trifle unpredictable but in the company of Harry Lyon, fellow Sailor, and publisher Finlay Macdonald as session wrangler, I felt confident we could produce another classic GW Friday night gig.

So following a more sober opening this should rock. 

No comments: