Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Events at Olverston - an enthusiastic invitation from Ruth Arnison

Hi Graham

Dunedin is a wonderful city any time of the year but if you are down in August call in to Olveston.
I've spent the last three months as 'poet in residence' at Olveston Historic Home. It's been amazing - I've joined tours, explored the house, read up about the family and tucked myself away in my 'lighthouse' where I've written 30 poems.
I've published these, alongside Olveston photos, and photos of the 28 artworks which 17 invited artists created in response to my poems, in a small booklet, PoARTry@Olveston.
PoARTry @Olveston, the exhibition of these artworks opens on August 7th @ 5pm  and then from August 8 -17 10am - 4pm daily in the Drying Room Gallery in Olveston.
And then on  August 10th from 1.30 -3pm Terry MacTavish and friends will  read/perform the poems from my collection PoARTry@Olveston.
Finishing on August 17th with Questions and Artists in the Drying Room Gallery from 1.30 -3pm. Janet de Wagt will chat with seven of the artists about their work , the poem they chose and more...
All profits from book sales and a commission from art sales will  go towards producing the poetry cards Poems in the Waiting Room (NZ)

If I can't entice you down now maybe the spring Arts Festival Dunedin will be a draw card ? The annual Poems in the Waiting Room art exhibition will be held during the Festival period  - it would be great to meet you.

Cheers  for now

Ruth Arnison


Poems in the Waiting Room
19 Hunt St
Andersons Bay
Dunedin 9013



Blogs
waitingroompoems.wordpress.com

olveston.wordpress.com  (Exhibition dates: August 7 –17 2014)
apaletteofpoetry.wordpress.com
  (Exhibition dates: October 5 – 19 2014)

No comments: