Tuesday, July 22, 2014

An invitation from Bill Sutton to the launch of his first poetry collection

Dear Poets

This is a personal invitation, for any of you who may happen to be in Hawke's Bay next month, to come to the Hastings Community Arts Centre, 106 Russell Street South, on Monday August 11th at 6.30pm, to help me launch my first  published poetry collection 'Jabberwocky'.

Steele Roberts the publisher will be represented by Roger Steele. Many of you will know Roger as an experienced editor and great source of advice and support for poets. I've asked him to talk about some of his publishing experiences and what he looks for. Then I'll read several of the Jabberwocky poems.

There will be drinks, finger food, and music. And if you'd like to purchase a copy of Jabberwocky for $20 that will be fine! I know that most of you won't be able to attend the launch, but if you would like to purchase a signed copy anyway, I can post you one for no extra charge. Let me know the address and I'll advise how to pay.

The August meeting of HB Live Poets starts at 7.30pm as usual at the same venue.
Hoping to see some of you at the launch!

Bill Sutton

844 4196

No comments: