Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday Poem, 15 April 2014



Over at the Tuesday Poetry hub this week, you’ll find ‘Villon in Millerton by James Norcliffe. This week’s hub editor is Harvey Molloy, who writes:


This week's poem is an extract from James Norcliffe's long poem Villon in Millerton.  A few months ago I was helping Helen Rickerby and friends post out the latest issue of JAMM when Helen told me about 'Truth or Beauty: Biography and Poetry', an upcoming conference on biographical poetry to be held at Victoria University in November.  
I immediately thought of James' Villon in Millerton, a wonderful book book-ended by two long biographical poems--one about the fifteenth-century François Villon at the front and one concerning the rather creepy Samuel Marsden at the back. When my turn came to edit the Hub, I knew that I wanted to share this long poem with our readers.


Read more here, and see all the Tuesday Poem posts on the sidebar at the site. Poets from NZ and around  the world sharing poetry every week. 

No comments: