Monday, March 18, 2013

ULTIMATUM - Simon Kernick

It is not often you get the opportunity to read a book in one sitting but on my recent flight from Auckland to Bangkok I selected this book as my plane read and it was so gripping (understatement) that I didn't put it down from the moment I opened it until I had read the whole 360 pages, real edge of the seat stuff. In the end I felt totally exhausted and fell asleep for the last couple of hours of the flight. Absolutely the perfect plane or holiday read.

Here is the back cover blurb which will give you an idea.........


A threat has been made. An ultimatum delivered. Innocent people are in mortal danger. The gripping new bestseller from the master of the race-against-time thriller.

THE THREAT
8am: an explosion blasts through a cafe in Central London.

THE ULTIMATUMMinutes later, a call from an unknown terror group warns that a far greater attack will be launched in
12 hours' time.

THE PRISONERWilliam Garrett, AKA Fox, is awaiting trial for mass murder. He claims he can name the bombers. But only at a price.

THE CLOCK IS TICKINGIt’s a terrifying race against time for DI Mike Bolt and DC Tina Boyd as they chase their targets across the city in a desperate bid to stop a major atrocity - before it's too late ... 


ULTIMATUM - Century - $32.99

No comments: