Monday, October 15, 2012

Hugely experienced trans-Tasman publisher Juliet Rogers announces new company as she branches out in a different direction



The Wild Colonial Company

Irresistibly beautiful gift stationery from the Antipodes

I want for one moment to make our undiscovered country leap into the eyes of the Old World.’
Katherine Mansfield, February 1916

I am convinced that, in this grey digital age of keyboards and screens, people are longing for beautiful objects, objects that are tactile, sumptuous, exquisitely detailed, richly coloured. They want to be surprised, delighted, enchanted.

And in this very globalised world, I am convinced that Kiwis and Australians want around them things that speak of their world, that embody the distinctive originality of the creative Antipodean spirit..

And that is why I have founded The Wild Colonial Company.

Drawing on my 20 or more years of book publishing experience, with my very talented team of designers, editors, photographers and artists by my side, I will be creating stationery, books and giftware that embody our independent spirit born of our colonial past.
.
The first stationery range, launching for Christmas 2012, will feature the work of that wildly original colonial, Florence Broadhurst. Through the dedication of Signature Prints, her bold, vigorous and wildly eclectic designs have become an international phenomenon.

I am both proud and delighted that The Wild Colonial Company has secured the Florence Broadhurst licence for gift stationery and that our first range of cards and journals will feature a variety of her designs, some already much loved, some freshly discovered. 

When I first visited Signature Prints and watched the wallpapers and fabrics being made by hand, with skill and love, I knew the stationery needed to reflect the same level of care and attention to detail. The richly embellished and irresistibly tactile journals, notebooks and cards in the Broadhurst Academy range will allow dedicated followers of design to own their small piece of Florence Broadhurst magic.

I will continue to build ranges of journals, cards, gift items and books of an exceptional standard. All will reflect the passion of a team committed to great design and uncompromising quality.

I very much look forward to showing you the first samples soon and taking you to the undiscovered country of The Wild Colonial Company.

Juliet Rogers
Director
The Wild Colonial Company, Juliet@wildcolonialcompany.com

1 comment:

Vanda Symon said...

You can never have too much beautiful stationery.