Friday, September 14, 2012

Don Donovan's World - Another View Of Chiesetta, Barga, Tuscany


Ramblings of a much published New Zealand author


14 September 2012


Leaves From My Sketchbooks. 26. Another View Of Chiesetta, Barga, Tuscany

Having done a watercolour of the house from beside the piscina, I quickly did this pen sketch because, hearing some falcons mewing in the sky above me, I was inspired to write a lyrical, illustrated article.

This drawing done, I started to write on the same paper, and this shows part of the essay, which covered several pages and was subsequently published by the Wellington Evening Post back in New Zealand.

Our bedroom was on the upper floor, the one with the shutters closed.

© DON DONOVAN
donovan@ihug.co.nz 
 www.don-donovan.blogspot.co.nz

No comments: