Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Jamie Oliver carries Olympic torch


Hi guys,

I hope all of you here in the UK are making the most of these brilliant bursts of sunshine we've started getting. It brightened things up just in time for the Olympics and I want to give a massive shout out to everyone who came along and gave all our runners such incredible support for the torch relay. I was really proud to run in Essex, and lots of other runners have carried the torch for my Foundation too. We had Fifteen graduates, Ministry of Food teachers and students from Home Cooking Skills, to name but a few. All of them are amazing at what they do so big thanks to them for everything.

Looking ahead this summer, please help us to raise funds for the Foundation by coming along to The Big Feastival on 1-2 September. We're at my mate Alex James' farm in Oxfordshire this year and we've got an epic line up - wicked music from Texas, Razorlight, Paloma Faith and The Noisettes and many more, as well as demos from me, my old pal Gennaro Contaldo, Valentine Warner and others, plus loads of amazing food and produce. I can't wait and I hope to see you there. Check out www.thebigfeastival.com

Finally this month, I'm really excited to let you know that our new flagship Recipease will be opening on 15 August. Based in Notting Hill, this incredible site will have a massive range of cookery and skills lessons with everything from knife skills to Mexican street food - please get ahead and book a class now!

Big love,
Jamie O xx

PS: If you're in London for the Olympics, make sure you check out my latest Union Jacks restaurant with Chris Bianco, bang in the centre of town. Watch this video to discover where we're at - it's a really unique site and I love it.

No comments: