Tuesday, February 07, 2012

AA Directions New Travel Writer of the Year Award - last chance to enter

“Writing-prize gold”
Auckland – 7 February 2012 – It’s the final call for entries in the annual AA Directions New Travel Writer of the Year Award.  The deadline is this Friday 10 February.  The prize for the winner is $1,000.
Bonnie Etherington won the 2011 AA Directions New Travel Writer of the Year award.
“I entered the AA Directions New Travel Writer of the Year competition at the last minute on a whim after stumbling across an ad for it through the Massey University website. Writing can be such an isolated, uncertain activity, and winning this award was just the encouragement I needed to make me think ‘Hey, maybe I can have a future in writing after all.’ The awards Gala Dinner was a lot of fun and it was great to connect with so many inspiring travel writers, editors and photographers, who I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to meet otherwise. This award has given a real boost to my writing career and I am so thankful for that and the fact that I bit the bullet and entered!”
The AA Directions Magazine New Travel Writer of the Year award encourages writers who have never previously had a travel article published. Entries are judged by a well-known New Zealand writer, publisher or editor – who will present the award at a gala dinner held at the Heritage Hotel Grand Tearoom on Tuesday, 20 March 2012
For further information see www.travelcommunicators.co.nz

No comments: