Tuesday, August 30, 2011

STEPHEN LEATHER


Rather surprisingly I hadn't come across this well established thriller writer until recently when my friend Mark (from Mason's Menswear in Ponsonby) loaned me a copy of his 2009 title LIVE WIRE. I was immediately hooked and now have his two latest to read, MIDNIGHT and FAIR GAME (500 + pages - both 2011 titles).
Here is his Wikipedia entry:
Stephen Leather is an English thriller author who writes pacy "action packed" novels in a style deliberately based upon the work of Jack Higgins and Gerald Seymour. His novels frequently include themes of crime, imprisonment and military service, and lately terrorism and the War on Terror. Settings are typically London and the Far East. He is published by Hodder & Stoughton and has sold more than two million books in more than twenty languages.

If you are looking for topical, pacy and convincing thriller fiction then I warmly recommend this guy. I especially like his Spider Shepherd character.

In July 2011, 

1 comment:

Stephen Leather said...

Thanks for the mention. I've just started writing the sequel to Fair Game, but I don't have a title yet!