Wednesday, June 22, 2011

TECHNORATI

From Wikipedia


Technorati is an Internet search engine for searching blogs. By June 2008, Technorati was indexing 112.8 million blogs and over 250 million pieces of tagged social media.[2] The name Technorati is a blend of the words technology and literati, which invokes the notion of technological intelligence or intellectualism.
Technorati was founded by Dave Sifry and its headquarters are in San Francisco, California, USA.

Technorati rates each blog's "authority", the number of unique blogs linking to the blog over the previous six months.


From Bookman Beattie


Technorati is an amazing website. It lists and rates blogs under a wide variety of classifications. There are for example 14,915 book blogs and I'm delighted to say that last time I looked Beatties Book Blog was rated at #56.  Fellow Kiwi Craig Sisterson's Crime Watch Blog was also high on the list at # 152.

9 comments:

Vanda Symon said...

You work hard on a damn fine blog, Bookman Beattie. It's always my first port of call each day (and several times during the day) and that link to what's happening in the book world outside of the constraints of my office walls helps keep me sane!

You deserve your ranking - keep up the great work!!!

maggie@at-the-bay.com said...

Well done Graham, and well deserved. Such commitment to keeping us all in touch with things literary. And too, how good to think that maybe as a result, the rest of the world is getting to know more about NZ literature through your efforts. Thank you.

Katie , in Utah said...

Bloody wonderful Bookman. You deserve a medal. And like Vanda your blog keeps me sane.

Matthew Willis said...

Katie's right. I live in Washington State and if Bookman Beattie lived in the US I'd be lobbying to get him awarded a Congressional Medal.
It is nearly 40 years since I left NZ and this blog is a truly marvellous way of keeping up with the NZ literary scene. I offer my warmest thanks as I have a fair idea of the amount of time and effort goes into such a venture.

Beattie's Book Blog said...

My warm thanks to you all for your very kind comments which are much appreciated.
Your comments and other feedback received, and the growing number of hits received each day, plus this wonderful ranking by Technorati all make the effort involved well worth while and most rewarding and to tell the truth I love doing it as it keeps me active in the book industry in which I have spent most of my working life.
By the way the criteria used by Technorati is wide - number of unique visitors, number of postings, value to readers etc etc.
I'm chuffed to be so high on their list.
Thanks again.

transpress nz said...

How many people would want to use a search engine for blogs? The overwhelming majority of hits on our websites come from Google, followed by Bing then Yahoo as "also rans". No other search engines are of any significance at all.

Beattie's Book Blog said...

I am told Technorati use a whole range of criteria in their ratings including number of unique visitors the blog receives, frequency of posts, number of mentions on Google & Yahoo etc etc.

John Robinson said...

Hello do I hear a little sour grapes here from transpressnz?
Be gentlemanly and give The Bookman his due rather then throwing cold water and envy about the blogosphere I suggest.

transpress nz said...

There is no envy or sour grapes here at all, merely an observation of facts; for example, out of 273 referring sites to our blogspot site yesterday, 241 were from Google and 16 each from Bing and Yahoo.
We much admire and appreciate The Bookman's unpaid work with this blog and have said so before.