Saturday, November 06, 2010

Exit Strategy, George Murray - Kilmog Press

Edition of 70 copies, hardback, 44 pages
ISBN: 978-0-9864665-0-2
RRP: $45.00

Exit Strategy arrives at an interesting point in my career trajectory, falling at what I hope is dead centre of a sea change in my life and poetic apprenticeship. Comprising poems collected from my second through to my fourth book, as well as new uncollected work held in reserve for an upcoming volume, Exit Strategy provides an interesting snapshot of me and my work at a moment in time that is surrounded by much of life's stuff, the marginalia of poetry: children, relocation, illness, divorce, acclaim, acceptance, struggle, renewal, etc. I look forward to reading this collection again when I'm older.”

George Murray's publications include:
Glimpse (2010), The Rush to Here (2007), The Hunter (2003), The Cottage Builder's Letter (McClelland & Stewart, 2001) and Carousel (Exile Editions, 2000).
His poetry has appeared around the world in anthologies, magazines, and journals as various as Granta, Iowa Review, Jacket, London Magazine, New American Writing, New Welsh Review, and Radical Society, as well as in most literary magazines in Canada. He is the former Poetry Editor for the Literary Review of Canada, and sits as a contributing editor on a number of journals, including Canadian Notes & Queries. He reviews poetry for the Globe and Mail, and is the founder of the popular literary website Bookninja.com. He lives in St. John's, Newfoundland with his two children.

No comments: