Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dan Rather Memoir Acquired by Grand Central

By Jason Boog on Galley Cat,  November 17, 2010

News anchor Dan Rather has signed a book deal with Grand Central Publishing for his memoir. The book will be entitled Summing Up, and is tentatively scheduled for spring 2012 publication.

Grand Central executive editor Rick Wolff acquired the book and Paul Fedorko negotiated the deal. The book will cover major historical events ranging from the Watergate scandal to the Iraq War, and it will included very “personal and candid” section about leaving CBS News in a storm of controversy.

Rather (pictured, via) had this statement: “I just felt the time had come for me to sum up my career in a candid memoir, and now I feel the time is right. Plus, with the changing climate – and attitude – about news and journalists, I feel I can give readers an honest perspective on the present, and, more important, on the future of news.”

No comments: