Wednesday, November 17, 2010

AN APOLOGY FROM BOOKMAN BEATTIE

Earlier today I unwittingly posted a release concerning Landfall. I failed to notice that the press release was embargoed until Sunday 21 November.
I have since removed the offending post and offer my unreserved apology to Otago University Press and their publisher Wendy Harrex, publishers of Landfall, and to any others involved for any embarrassment I have caused.
In over four years of handling embargoed information on this blog this is the first time I have broken an embargo and I am deeply embarrassed and remorseful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Since I received the catalogue a couple of days ago the information was hardly a surprise. Tai ho on total remorse!

muz

Roger said...

Hey, don't beat yourself up about this, no one has died, it is not the end of the world. You wouldn't be human if you didn't make an occasional mistake and to go for four years without breaking an embargo is pretty bloody impressive. Keep smiling Beattie.

jules older said...

Steady on, Bookman. We all make mistakes, and as mistakes go, this is a minor sin. Go and sin no more.

Jeff Grigor said...

Hey Graeme this is a minor mistake.If you were doing this blog for a profit it might mean a tut tut,but four years of voluntary labour and the first error !!!
Cease the self flagellation immediately.