Tuesday, October 05, 2010

NAVIGATION- a memoir
Joy Cowley
Penguin - $45

This title is being published on 9 October and until then there is a media ban in place so meantime I can't review the book.
For now then I will content myself by saying that I am privileged to have an advance review copy which today I have read in one long joyful read with just a brief meal break in the middle of that time.
Joy Cowley is a truly great New Zealander, a hugely gifted writer, a generous, gracious and humble woman, and her memoir is a fascinating, honest, open and compelling read which will undoubtedly go straight to the top of the sales charts when it is released in a few days time.
I trust these few comments do not breach the media ban but I really do need to say something after getting so much enjoyment from NAVIGATION .
Don't miss this one, especially if you are involved in any way with the world of books. It is a cracker.
And if you would like to meet Joy and get your copy of the book signed by here then here are some opportunities:

AUCKLAND EVENT: THURSDAY 7th OCTOBER

Women’s Bookshop at 6:00pm for 6.30pm start
Tickets $5 at the door

AUCKLAND EVENT: FRIDAY 8TH OCTOBER
Takapuna Library from 12:00 - 1:00pm
Tickets $2 on the door

WELLINGTON EVENT: WEDNESDAY 13TH OCTOBER
In association with the NZ Book Council.
Caffe L'affare, 27 College St from 6:00 - 7:00pm
Tickets $20

No comments: