Thursday, August 12, 2010

THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE

Saw this brilliant, chilling movie at the Rialto in Newmarket last evening. Same wonderful Swedish cast as the first in the series and again superb cinematography but I wonder how people who haven't read the books can actually follow what is happening in the movies? They are layered. complex stories. But then almost everyone on the planet has read the books by now so I suppose it is fair to assume that all those watching the movie last night  had previously read the book? Otherwise the end would have left you rather perplexed.

 Must say though I can't wait for the final movie in the series although I can tell you now I will not be going to the Hollywood versions when they arrive in a year or two, I shudder to think who they might cast as Lisbeth Salander and what they might do to Larsson's stories.

Will  be in touch with the third movie once I have some news. Might be later this year?

No comments: