Tuesday, June 01, 2010

MONOCLE - MISCELLANEOUS MUSINGS

Monocle magazine at NZ$19.50 is a tad too expensive for me to buy every month although I do love reading it and so I treated myself recently to the April issue which I found, as always, to be full of fascinating stuff - a briefing as they fairly claim on gobal affairs, business, culture & design.


Among pieces to especially catch my eye were:

 
 *192 Books New York - "Paula Cooper and Jack Macrae ignore the best-seller lists that determine space shelf elsewhere in the city".
I don't know this store, located at  Tenth Avenue at 21st St. but I'll be checking it out when I am in NYC next month .

*The Department Store, Takapuna, Auckland, NZ - a whole page including pics, valuable exposure for this three story building that "showcases the best of the city's fashion, beauty, design, art abd retail".

*Cafe Culture - Auckland, NZ
Coffee is a way of life for New Zealanders and there are no finer connoisseurs than the guys at Coffee Supreme. The company’s Al Keating gives Monocle a food-and-drink tour of his Ponsonby neighbourhood.


Loads more besides...................Great magazine, treat yourself, check it out.

No comments: