Friday, September 04, 2009

NY Times Breaks Embargo on Ted Kennedy Memoir
By Jason Boog at Galley Cat, on Sep 03, 2009


Despite the press embargo of Ted Kennedy's upcoming memoir, the NY Times has published an article looking at a leaked copy of the highly-anticipated autobiography.

As we wrote last week, Hachette Book Group will put out 1.5 million copies of Senator Edward M. Kennedy's posthumously-published book, "True Compass." Pre-orders for the book are booming, sending the book up the Amazon bestseller list. Nevertheless, the imprint Twelve embargoed the book until September 14.
According to the article, the book takes an unflinching look at Kennedy's failings.
Here's a quote: "I have enjoyed the company of women. I have enjoyed a stiff drink or two or three, and I've relished the smooth taste of a good wine. At times, I've enjoyed these pleasures too much. I've heard the tales about my exploits as a hell-raiser--some accurate, some with a wisp of truth to them and some so outrageous that I can't imagine how anyone could really believe them."

No comments: