Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sneak peek of new Rankin book goes under hammer
16.06.09 The Bookseller

Ian Rankin is to auction off the first four pages of his new book, three months before it can be picked up off a booksehelf.
The Daily Record reports that the crime writer is donating the proceeds to the Samaritans, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. Rankin's The Complaints (Orion) will be published in September.
Auction organiser Anna Stevens told the newspaper: "When I opened the envelope and read the 'The Complaints', I thought it was a complaint."
The pages go under the hammer at Lyon and Turnbull on June 22.
Daily Record

1 comment:

Paul Reynolds said...

I have to say I am struggling with this one. I didn't enjoy his last week - the first offering of the post Rebus world. Now I am being asked to take part in another installment of the Ian Rankin re-invention plan.

When Agatha Christie got fed up with Miss Marple, she went for Hercule Poirot - or was it the other way about - in any event - the point is easily grasped.

On the plus side, I caught a BBC Scotland documentary on Rankin's Edinburgh - it was great - so maybe the only character is Edinburgh itself.

On the at note the BBC Radio drama series McLevy [19th century Edinburgh policeman] is the total biscuit.
Some useful detail on this, here at
http://bit.ly/QMnDh