Sunday, September 02, 2007


THE DIANA CHRONICLES
Tina Brown Doubleday US$27.50

Annie is a great fan of the late Princess so I bought her a copy of Tina Brown’s highly praised biography at Barnes & Noble’s branch at The Gove in LA when we were on our way to New York two weeks back. Well for the next week she went totally incommunicado in the evenings as she became engrossed in Diana’s story.

When she finally surfaced she declared it a great read, observed the quality of the research, the pedigree of the author, (former editor of Tatler, Vanity Fair and The New Yorker), the fine tone of the writing, said she had found the book completely engrossing & engaging.
High praise indeed but it didn’t surprise me as Tina Brown has received largely universal praise for this substantial book.

I am not going to read it as biographies are not my books of choice unless I happen to be particularly interested in the subject and in this case I am not.
But I did have a browse through the book, especially at the back – Notes, Bibiography, and Index and if the impressive thoroughness of these is anything to go by it is no wonder the book has been such a big seller.

No comments: